Last week, I was honoured to be nominated for The Versatile Blog Award from Deerfeet, who blogs at Through the Lattice. Thank you, Deerfeet. :)Although I was pleased about this, I’m not entirely sure what to do about it, but only because I don’t think I read 15-20 blogs. I suppose this just shows you how anti-social I am, even in the blogosphere! To explain, the ‘rule’ for those who receiver the aware are as follows:
- Thank the award giver(s) and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass this award to 15 or 20 bloggers you read or admire.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
As Deefeet said in her post about the award, it does have a bit of a chain letter feel about it, and I don’t really want to potentially annoy people by giving them the award and then making them feel obliged to carry out the instructions. Also, as I’ve said above, I don’t read 15-20 blogs regularly (well, I might do, just about, but I can’t give nominate everyone, otherwise it wouldn’t really mean anything!). So, I will just pass it on to a few people who might like it, but with the caveat that they don’t have to pass it on if they don’t want to. Am I taking this all too seriously? Probably.
Anyway, to continue, here are seven things about myself:
- I like being creative. I hadn’t really thought of myself as a particularly creative person until fairly recently, which is odd, seeing as some of my earliest memories are of me and my dad making things together at the kitchen table. I particularly remember a Christmas decoration – the three kings in a row, like paper dolls, made out of cardboard. We still put it out every Christmas (which is probably why I remember it). Now, most of my interests relate to creating things, whether baking cakes, knitting gloves, taking photographs, or growing things in the garden – and music, which is sort of creative, but not in quite the same way.
- I get angry quite a lot. A lot of people say they don’t believe me (or words to that effect) when I tell them this, but, unfortunately, it is true. I’m planning to write a blog post about it in the near future.
- I love pizza. My favourite pizza toppings include anchovies and pineapple – yes, on the same pizza. It’s the sweet and salty combination that makes it so good.
- I can’t swim. I had the usual swimming lessons when I was at school, but the most I ever managed to swim in a row was 10 metres, and that was a one-off. I don’t really like water, to the point that I avoid showering as much as possible. You probably didn’t really want to know that, did you?
- The punchlines to my two favourite jokes are “That’s what pandas do – eat shoots and leaves” and “It’s the peanuts, they’re complimentary”.
- I have a brother. We are not at all similar, apart from the fact that we both like reading and music. If you met us both in the street I doubt that you could tell we’re related. He is bear-like.
- I don’t like kiwi-fruit. There are only few foods I would really rather not eat, but kiwi-fruit is one of them. (The other things are Norwegian cheese, chicken soup and onion soup. The only foods I will actually refuse to eat are runny eggs, raw meat, and types and bits of meat and fish that I don’t think are meant to be eaten.)
I’ll be passing along the award when I’ve decided who to pass it to!