- I’ve been going to lots of hospital appointments, mainly pregnancy-related (I’m having extra check-ups and scans because of my heart condition), but also the usual regular pacemaker checks and appointments with the cardiologist. I passed my MOT today.
- The garden is a mess. I haven’t done anything with it for months, and Mr C is not the world’s keenest gardener. We may have to enlist the help of gardening friends.
- I’m knitting a baby blanket (for someone else), which is taking quite a long time because it’s a lace pattern and I’m a slow knitter. Only 2 more pattern repeats to go!
- The raspberry plants are still producing edible fruit, even though it’s now December! They are an autumn variety, but even so! I suppose this is because we had a relatively mild autumn this year.
- We forgot to get our Advent calendar out yesterday! Mr C’s mum gave us a chocolate Advent calendar. I am against chocolate Advent calendars (I know, I am a miserable thing, as my mum would say). They just seem wrong to me because surely the whole point of Advent is waiting (not necessarily for chocolate, obviously); not having your chocolate and eating it, as it were. Anyway, I don’t know if I can really bring myself to eat the Advent chocolate, but I will probably succumb to temptation before the 25th (or maybe even the 5th) of December…
- As mentioned in the previous blog post, we have two choir concerts this week.
- The trains have been late quite a lot. This is as annoying as it is predictable. I would like to know whether the train companies calculate their reliability statistics based on when a train actually arrives at a station or when the display board says it’s arrived. These are often two quite different times.
- There have been some nice winter sunsets. I tried to take a photo of today’s but it came out rather blurry and full of trees.