- We went to visit my parents again, and met up with some ex-library trainees at the same time.
- I think BabyMouse has started teething – she is crotchety, dribbling a lot and constantly chewing her fingers and anything else she can hold and/or get into her mouth.
- I went to Library Camp South East. It was an interesting day, and lovely to see library friends/colleagues again.
- I tried to knit again, again without much success. I’m trying to do a garter tab cast on, which I’ve never done before, which isn’t helping. I’ve looked at YouTube videos, which are very helpful, but I must still be doing something wrong.
- I finished Life After Life and started and finished A Delicate Truth.
- I’ve been a bit miserable again this month – feeling a bit sad and lonely and not always coping very well with BabyMouse. It was good to go back to my home town for the weekend (see first item) but it was a bit bittersweet as being there just makes me want to be there all the time. I like where we live, and we do have lovely neighbours and friends here, but most of them are a lot older than us, and/or busy, and work-related friends live quite far away. Mainly, I think I miss my mum, and I’ve been spending too much time on my own with BabyMouse who, lovely though she may be, hasn’t really mastered conversation yet. Anyway…
- …I’ve been trying to go to more mother and baby groups. I think we made it to the library’s Baby Bounce and Rhyme sessions every week and we managed to get to the Salvation Army group twice last week, all of which helped. I think I need to get to know some other mums a bit better so I feel a bit less isolated. It’s just easier said than done when (a) I’m rubbish at talking to people I don’t know and (b) all the mums seem to know one another and have their cliques which are quite hard to break into. But I will persevere.
- I bought a new dress for Mr C’s cousin’s wedding (August).
- Sorry this month’s upate has been a bit moany!